With the recent Coronavirus outbreak, healthy home air is more important than ever. Our company recommends three products in particular to improve indoor air quality:
- AirScrubber Plus®
- UV Lights
- Air Cleaners
The Air Scrubber Plus® actively treats the air in your indoor environment to significantly reduce allergens and air quality contaminants. It cleans, freshens and purifies the air and surfaces with specialized light waves, along with a unique catalytic process that creates enviro-scrubbing oxygen and hydrogen molecules. It requires only 38 watts of electricity to run and is compliant with all Federal EPA, FDA and OSHA regulations.
There are four easy steps to explain how the AirScrubber Plus® works.
- Clean (Reduce Contaminants)- The AirScrubber Plus® uses technology proven to destroy 99% of all surface contaminants while simultaneously scrubbing, purifying and cleaning the air in your home.
- Deodorize (Banish Lingering Odors)- The AirScrubber Plus® easily attaches to your home’s cooling and heating system to significantly reduce dust, pet dander and other odors built up in your home.
- Purify (Reduce Irritating Particles)- The technology in the AirScrubber Plus® uses specialized light waves along with a proprietary catalytic process to create enviro-scrubbing molecules of oxygen and hydrogen to help purify the air.
- Protect (Extend the Life of Your HVAC System)- By trapping dirt, dust and other debris before it enters your HVAC system’s filter, the AirScrubber Plus® extends the life of your existing heating and cooling system.
For more information on the technology used in the AirScrubber Plus®, please click here.
Ultraviolet (UV) Lights
UV lights bathe the indoor coil with an intense level of UV-C light to kill bacteria, viruses and mold before they get circulated throughout the air in your home. The lights are installed near the indoor coil to help clean the coil’s surfaces, which increases the efficiency of your HVAC unit and improves the quality of air in your home. It is important to note that UV lights work in conjunction with your unit’s air filters.
The top two benefits of installing UV lights are:
- They minimize dirt and pollutants in your HVAC system, thus improving indoor air quality in your home.
- We recommend replacing UV lights once a year, making them low very maintenance.
For more information on UV lights, please visit the following links:
Air cleaners help effectively remove bacteria, pollen, animal dander and other pollutants as small as 0.01 microns. That’s 18,000 times smaller than the head of a pin. The higher the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV), the more efficiently the cleaner removes particles. We recommend air cleaners during the cold winter months when homes stay closed up for extended periods of time.
The two types of air cleaners we recommend are as follows:
The best way to determine which healthy home air solution is best for you is to have your air tested. We offer 30-minute indoor air analyses to test for potential sources of indoor air pollution. To learn more about having your air tested, please visit our Healthy Home Air Analysis blog post.